IEEE ISTAS 2023, the flagship conference of the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT), took place in Swansea, Wales from 13 - 15 September 2023.
IEEE Humanitarian Technologies Board (HTB) as a support organisation organised three activities during IEEE ISTAS 2023
- IEEE HTB Networking Event on 12 September
- IEEE HTB Keynote presentation on 13 September
- IEEE HTB Best Practice Workshop on 13 September
Miriam Cunningham, IEEE HTB Member and Chair of the Ad Hoc Committee on SIGHT Best Practices organised and facilitated the IEEE HTB Best Practice Workshop on 13 September 2023.
Three Region 8 Special Interest Groups on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT) shared volunteer activities and project results focused on Technological Innovation Supporting Local Communities:
- “Mobile Application to Manage the Training Processes of Young Immigrants”
Prof. Dr. Juan A. Gómez-Pulido, IEEE Spain Section SIGHT
- “HAC Robotics for Equality & Democracy”
Prof Nizar Rokbani, IEEE Tunisia Section SIGHT
- “Inclusive multi-sensor platform for autistic kids that encourage social interaction”
Eduardo Audiche, IEEE UK and Ireland Section SIGHT