- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, USA
- M.Phil. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, USA
- MS in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- BS in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology (formerly REC), Rourkela, India
- IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer
- IEEE IEEE 5G Initiative Co-Chair
- Director of Industry Outreach, IEEE Communications Society
Currently, I work as Lead Member of Technical Staff/Director of Technology Security at AT&T's Mobility and Cloud Security division. Prior to AT&T, I worked as the CTO Wireless at NIKSUN, in Princeton, New Jersey from September 2010 to February 2013. I worked for 13 years (1997-2010) at Applied Research Division of Telcordia Technologies, NJ, formerly Bellcore Telcordia as Senior Scientist. I was the Director of Central Research Facility CRF of Computer Science Department at Columbia University for 8 years from 1989-1997. I worked as a Computer Engineer for Tata Engineering and Locomotive (TELCO), Jamshedpur, India from 1985-1987 I am also an adjunct faculty at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
I completed my Ph.D (while working at Telcordia) from EE department, Prof. Henning Schulzrinne is my advisor. Prof. Yechiam Yemini is my co-advisor. Prof. Henning Schulzrinne, Prof. Nick Maxemchuk, Prof. Dan Rubenstein, Prof. Yechiam Yemini, and Dr. Bryan Lyles are my thesis committee members.
I am a Senior member of IEEE and ACM